Thisseason’s trends are lively and refreshing. Not only floral prints, but also polkadots will help us express our gentleness and playfulness this spring. They recallthe elegance of the refined and romantic ladies of the ’50s, who had thecourage to daydream and express their femininity in simple ways, like AudreyHepburn.
Today’spost is all about this pattern. I found fifteen items worthy to be included inyour spring outfits, which I divided into three price categories, up to a maximumof 30 euros.
Bonus: adviceon how to style them and suggestions related to the body types they suit best.
Let’s startfrom clothes and accessories for less than 10 euros:
1. A pair of feminine and perky polkadot tights can spice up even a professional or an otherwise dull outfit. Wearthem and draw the attention to your legs in an elegant way.
Polka-dot tights: Pimkie
2. You could use this pretty hair bandwith an ornamental knot to soften a stronger, more angular face such as asquare-, rectangle- or trapeze-shaped one.
Hair band: H&M
3. The silk scarf with cream-coloured polkadots on a navy blue background not only will bring you one step closer tosummer days at the seaside, but it will also deepen the colour of your blueeyes. This hue looks particularly good on you if you have a cool undertone.
Silk scarf: Amazon
4. Available in various colours, thissoft top can be easily paired with a cardigan, a blazer, a bomber jacket or a bolero,especially in case you have a circle, rectangle or triangle body type.
Top available in various colours: Amazon
5. The jumpsuit with a V-shapedneckline and white polka dots on a red background perfectly caresses the curvesof an hourglass silhouette. The knotted ribbon at the waist emphasizes itsfeminine curves, while the frills decorating the sleeves add a further touch offemininity.
V neckline jumpsuit: Amazon
6. The boat neckline of the whitepolka-dot shirt is a good match for a heart-shaped face and a rather prominentchin. The shape of this shirt could also help you in balancing larger hips.
White shirt: Amazon
Let’s have a look at some more expensive items, with prices ranging from 10 to20 euros:
7. The soft pleats of this dress withpolka dots on a black background can gracefully caress a curvy body. Its shape,pattern and V neckline make it perfect for a woman with a big bust, a ratherundefined waist and slender legs.
Polka-dot dress: Zara
8. Considering its cut, but also its patternwith elliptical shapes, this yellow dress with slightly bigger polka dots couldcreate movement and the illusion of a more defined waist in the case of arectangle body type, with few curvy lines and a rather undefined waist.
Yellow dress: Zara
9. An umbrella is often seen as a functionalaccessory and seldom perceived as a distinctive element able to improve youroverall look. If you chose a transparent one covered with random polka dots, therewould be significantly more chances for you to smile even on a rainy day.
10. If you have a circle body type, youcan draw the attention to your slender legs by wearing polka dot Capri pants fora contemporary and feminine look.
Capri pants: Amazon
11. With the ribbon knotted at the waistand the tulip cut, this polka dot dress suits a rectangle body shape above all.
Tulip dress: Amazon
And there’smore: I also found a number of eye-catching clothing items and accessories for pricesranging from 20 to 30 euros:
12. The medium-sized polka dots and the cutof this wrap skirt make it perfect for an apple or circle body shape. But youcan also pair it with a solid colour top or T-shirt if you have a rectangle or invertedtriangle body shape.
Wrap skirt: Zara
13. These black and white polka dot mid-heeledsling back shoes are so versatile that you could wear them all day long, bothat work and for a girls’ night out or a romantic dinner with your partner. Theybest suit a circle body shape.
Slingback shoes: Bebo
14. A black waist bag with micro polkadots could be the finishing touch to a modern sporty look for a carefreeafternoon. It’s functional and trendy and it could successfully replace yourusual bag for total freedom of movement.
Waist bag Eastpak: Zalando
15. Blazers are among the most sought-afterjackets this spring. Wear a polka dot blazer like the one below if you arelooking to brighten up your look and add a touch of femininity to aprofessional outfit. Mixed with a solid-colour top, you can use it both inhyper feminine and sporty chic outfits.
Do you wearpolka dots? What’s your favourite item among the ones I’ve included in thispost? I’d love to read your opinions and receive pictures of your springoutfits. Don’t forget to subscribe to newsletter by using the form below. Keep in touch!
This page contains affiliate links. That means if you buy something after clicking one of the links on this page, I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!